New Creation offers a wide variety of opportunities to get involved and make a difference in our ministries, our community, and our world. Our ministry and missions teams are active in changing the lives of individuals and communities, and helping others find a sense of purpose. At New Creation, we live out Acts 1:8 by reaching, connecting, forming, and sending Christians to be witnesses to Jesus Christ everywhere.
You can make a difference right here at New Creation. Greet visitors and members each Sunday, lead a mid-week connect group, volunteer with the Kids Ministry, share your musical talents with our bands or choirs, or serve behind the scenes. There are many ways that you can get involved with the ministries here at New Creation, and start changing lives!
New Creation’s commitment to missions begins right here in our community. We partner with a number of local organizations to transform our community and bring glory to God. The people of New Creation serve in Hampton Roads by providing meals for the homeless, assisting with construction for the disabled, raising awareness for health issues – and so much more! Check out our current mission projects in Hampton Roads to get involved!
We partner with a number of local faith-based and non-profit organizations to transform our community and bring glory to God.
- New Creation Food Pantry
- Portsmouth Volunteers for the Homeless (PVH)
- Oasis Social Ministry
- New Creation Hands of God (HOGs) handy-folks group
- Faith Works Coalition
- Help and Emergency Response, Inc. (H.E.R. Shelter)
- Youth Skip Sunday random acts of service
- Wesley Community Service Center
- Salvation Army Christmas Stockings
- American Red Cross Blood Drives
New Creation builds mission teams that serve beyond our backyards and out into the world. Whether it is in another region of the United States or another region of the world, we respond to our call to make disciples of all people through love and service.
New Creation supports mission partners by sending service teams or raising money. Some of the groups we work with (and how we support them) are:
- United Methodist Volunteers in Mission (UMVIM) teams for disaster recovery in the United States and ministry support in Ukraine
- Collecting hygiene and school supply kits for United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR)
- Packaging meals for Rise Against Hunger
- Sending teams to Carolina Cross Connection and Red Bird Mission
- Sending construction and medical teams to Haiti and Honduras
- Sending small gifts, health items, and school supplies through Operation Christmas Child
Sometimes, our mission teams need specific materials donated in order to complete their work. Monetary donations allows us to send more people on mission teams, and to purchase materials in bulk. You can use our Give page to donate directly to the Mission Fund, or check out any of our missions to see if there are any specific material needs.